i think i just peed a little

I am me. You are you. lets leave things at that.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

camping and warped tour nonsense

something funkydadunkadunk is going on with my calf muscle. Its pissing me off.

Well, since Shanghai and Fabio have already recapped this weekend ( I do realize you have no idea who I’m talking about and that I’m slow and can’t figure out how to link other pages to my page), so I guess its my turn. I’m going to do it in a different format though, with a list of highlights.

1. Left around 1:30 on Friday from neenah, as we needed to stop there to pick up a few things at the Walmart and stop by starbucks.

2. After a long, long drive, we arrived in Hudson, Wisconsin. We figured out quite quickly at that point that we had directions to Hudson, but not to the state park we were camping at. Luckily there are these big brown signs for state parks and alls we had to do was follow the signs.

3. Eventually we got to the park and checked in. When we got to the campsite, I noticed a discrepancy with the dates on our tag and the dates we were camping for. So, while Fabio and Shanghai set up the site, I went to go see what the eff was up.

4. After a bit of arguing and a lot of walking, I found out that we may not have a campsite for the second night we were staying there. It all depended on a few sites that had until 10:00 p.m. to renew their reservation. I was told to check back at 8:00 a.m. Saturday morning.

5. We decided not to worry about the campsite situation because if need be, we would just visit a swanky hotel or something, so we decided to get drunk in the rain. Good thing our campsite was next to the bathrooms. Anyways..after hovering over the fire in the rain cooking chicken, eating standing up in the screen part of the girl tent and lots of giggling, some dancing with my pants pulled up to my boobs and cards, we went to bed around 4:00 a.m.. Oh, and we got in trouble from the "mountme" cops, because Fabio was chopping wood at 12:30 (quiet time is from 11:00 p.m. to 6 a.m.).

6. Screaming kids and stupid parents made Saturday an early morning. Shanghai and I got up around 8 and decided to go and check on the campsite situation. We tried waking Mr. Crankypants, but he didn’t want to come with. Luckily, none of the people who needed to check in did, so we got a primo site down the "road" a bit by the other bathrooms.

7. Once back at the campsite, we ate breakfast, which consisted of pop tarts, bananas and coffee. Mr. Crankypants finally woke up and we started packing up the site. It got to be around lunch time, so Mr. Crankypants started to build a fire to cook up some burgers. He failed. I took over and succeeded. Those hamburgers were damn good.

8. At the new site, we quicky realized that it was a lot nicer, a lot bigger and there were a lot less bugs. After setting up and resting for a while, we decided to go on a hike to see the Willow Lake Falls.

9. The falls were beautiful. 180 some odd steps and you get to see them from a higher view, which was also beautiful.

10. We saw a turtle and a bunny.

11. Back at the campsite, it was time for supper, so we made hotdogs and potato packets. It was really good. Shanghai did a great job on the potato packets. Did I mention I had to start another fire for Fabio? No? Well, I did. Seems Mr. Boy Scout isn’t so handy. I did manage to burn my finger though (It looks real icky today).

12. Shanghai’s friends, J and D came to the campsite for some campfire fun, but left pretty early. We then retreated to the tent for some cards and then early to bed, since we were beat from our day of moving the campsite and hiking.

13. Unfortunately for us (fortunately for the racoons), we forgot to clean up before going to bed. The coons got all the rest of the graham crackers, chocolate and a couple marshmallows.

14. After getting up and eating breakfast, muffins and bananas, we started packing up the site, again. After getting that completed, it was time for the best shower ever. We hadn’t showered all weekend and smelled like 5 different kids of ass.

15. 11:30ish we were on our way to eat at the Country Kitchen. It was very yummy and I found out I’m stupid. The booth had one of those IQ games in it. It judges you on how many pegs are left in the stupid triangle. Stupid IQ game.

16. After stopping at Caribou Coffee, it was time to start heading into Minneapolis for Warped Tour (the whole reason for above-mentioned camping trip). The drive was pretty uneventful and we survived the bazillion lanes of traffic despite my nervousness about the lanes.

17. After walking around the Metrodome for forever, we finally found the entrance and went in and found lots of punks, lots of emo people and lots of teenage girls looking like sluts and looking way out of place.

18. The music was awesome. I got to see Less Than Jake again, which I first saw like 10 years ago. We got to see lots of good bands, but I was pretty bummed that NOFX was playing too late for us to get to see them...damn 5 hour drive. Shanghai and I didn’t even end up going to work on Monday, so staying wouldn’t have even been an issue. Against me, saves the day, helmet, Joan Jett...and a few others I can’t think of at the moment we did get to see, however.

19. We left Warped Tour around 6:30, stopped at Taco Hell and started out 5 hour trek home. It was the worst time ever. I was super tired. Shanghai fell asleep and Fabio was super annoying at that point. The only plus was punk music that vetoed Fabio’s stupid German music.

20. Home at last. Sleep didn’t come quickly.

yeah, so there is my story. you can probably tell when I got bored of typing this.

I bought a bike last night. I’m super excited about it. I think I will go biking tonight.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM PDT , Blogger SparkleSparkle said...

    maybe that's why I fell asleep on the way home... to avoid Fabio. hee hee. just kidding. I was super exhausted.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home