i think i just peed a little

I am me. You are you. lets leave things at that.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

you won't find an entrepreneur who is a democrat...

...so says my new boss.

For those of you who don't know, I just started a second job. All of my co-workers, including the owner, are republican. I had the unfortunate opportunity to learn this on the first day I started working there. I, of course, did not learn this by choice, since I typically do not like to discuss politics at work. I personally wouldn't want to needlessly offend anyone I work with. Unfortunately, my co-workers and boss don't have that same policy. Just to give a quick example, my boss told me today that, "you will never find an entrepreneur who is a democrat." He also went on to say, "see, democrats believe in unions, so they also believe in doing the bare minimum their job requires. You can never ask a democrat to do more than what they are required to do. I would much rather work with someone who isn't a democrat. They have a way more relaxed way of getting things done. If it doesn't have to be done now, they won't do it."

Now, trust me, I did have a few comments about those statements I desperately wanted to respond to his rant with, BUT I really am enjoying the idea of having a second job. So, instead, I smiled and nodded, and pretty much didn't say a single word.

When you look up democrat on urbandictionary.com, you get the following definitions/quotes:

"[A Democrat is:] One of two political parties in The United States of America whose members believe that their collective ideas are 100 orrect and all citizens who do not agree are complete, uneducated morons. Conversely, Republicans believe to be 100 orrect and that non-believers are unpatriotic satanists. Both parties' members ironically view themselves as compassionate, free-thinking and mainstream."

"As a free-thinker and a democrat, I say you are an idiot because you don't agree with me. And I know I'm right because I got my beliefs from CNN and you got yours from Fox!"

"democrat is someone who usually wants to take the money from hard working people and give it to lazy fuckers who cant afford a house, and blasts everything that is republican related. jesse jackson is a democrat. he blasts nascar just because its republican related. And there are no black nascar racers. so he has to stick his nose in everything and complain. democrats are narrow minded dumbfucks who think its okay to be a highschool drop out."

MY PERSONAL FAVORITE:

"An incredibly ignorant person fed their daily knowledge by the likes of Dan Rather and Jon Stewart. Typically, a democrat cannot even spell Rush Limbaugh's name, but is more than willing to invoke their version of it in ad-hoc criticisms of the Republican party. If you encounter a democrat, which is snynonymous with "liberal" in modern times, DO NOT debate. They are unreasonable and no amount of data, facts, and quotes to the contrary of their arguments can affect them. Beware, attempts at character assassination will be made by the liberal when he is defeated in argument. Back to the main point, don't argue with them. They will make some idiotic remark under their breath and walk away thinking they've "won" the debate.Note to the readers of this definition: check the other definitions of this word and you'll notice one common trait. They all mention how undesirable conservatives are, rather than elaborating on reasons that their beliefs are superior.There is much, much more to these troubled people, but I think I've thouroughly pissed off everyone on this website already. By the way, what's with this defintion here... something about liberals being the more libertarian of the two parties. That's a good one. Seriously. This from a party that doesn't want to allow the option of personal retirement accounts."

When you try looking up republican you get pretty much the same kind of sarcastic definitions/quotes from people who are typically not republican.

I find this all very amusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home